Oversight Launches Reimagined Oversight.House.Gov
WASHINGTON, DC – The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform today launched a reimagined Oversight.House.Gov, built to increase taxpayer access to the Oversight information that supports their participation in the committee’s work securing a government that spends less and serves better. Oversight.House.Gov is the American people’s primary source for information on the committee, and the new WordPress site is a step towards increasing the accessibility of committee investigations and hearings, while delivering the customer-oriented Internet experience taxpayers should expect.
“Taxpayers deserve an efficient, effective government that works for them, and they deserve the same from their government websites,” said Chairman Darrell Issa. “The reimagined Oversight.House.Gov applies lessons learned from the Committee’s multifaceted web development efforts, and is a step towards delivering a more efficient user experience that lets taxpayers get in, get what they need, and get back to work.”
Highlights of the new Oversight.House.Gov user experience:
- Unlocking the Legislative Process: The color-coded presentation of committee legislative business meetings packages markup video and key documents with a clear “score sheet” so the visitor can quickly review the committee’s legislative action without the need for a law degree.
- Complete Hearing Package: Each hearing page lets visitors watch Oversight hearings live from home or at the office, packaged with hearing documents, opening statements, and online discussion. Post-hearing, the page becomes a permanent archive complete with gavel-to-gavel video.
- Subcommittee Pages: Each subcommittee now has its own landing page that includes a recap of the subcommittee’s 2011 work, most recent hearings and membership.
- Calendar Choices: Multiple calendar view options support quick navigation to the desired Oversight hearing or event.
- Translating Government-Speak: Confusing language can be a barrier between taxpayers and their government officials. The “Glossary & FAQs” is the committee’s first step towards breaking down the language barrier.
- Oversight Productions Video Gallery: The popular videos are pulled from the YouTube vaults and presented by issue for visitors.