Generals to Respond to Allegations of Impeding Investigation and Response Efforts
WASHINGTON- On Wednesday at 9:45 a.m., Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, Chairman of the House Oversight Subcommittee on National Security will conduct a hearing entitled “Dawood National Military Hospital, Afghanistan: What Happened and What Went Wrong? Part II”
At a July hearing, the Committee heard testimony from retired and active-duty senior U.S. military officers that U.S. military commanders sought to obstruct investigations into atrocious conditions at the U.S. taxpayer funded hospital in an attempt to minimize the fallout from the disclosure of what was occurring.
The clips below detail the allegations leveled against U.S. Army Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell and Major General Gary S. Patton.
• VIDEO “He Calls Me Bill”- US Army Colonel Mark Fassl’s First-Hand Account of Dawood Abuse Allegations
• VIDEO: “In 7 Years, I’ve Never Seen This”– Colonel Geller Describes Afghan Hospital “Dog and Pony Show”
• VIDEO: Colonel Geller Details Withholding of Memo to Congress on Afghan Hospital Abuses
• VIDEO: Colonel Geller- I Was Prevented from Speaking with the Press on Dawood
• VIDEO: Defense Department Watchdog: More Work Needed to Prevent Abuse at Taxpayer-Funded Afghan Hospital
Caldwell and Patton will testify Wednesday, alongside Defense Department Deputy IG Kenneth P. Moorefield.
Wednesday, September 12th
“Dawood National Military Hospital, Afghanistan: What Happened and What Went Wrong? Part II”
Subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense, and Foreign Operations, Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah
9:45am in 2154 Rayburn House Office Building
• Major General Gary S. Patton, United States Army
• The Honorable Kenneth P. Moorefield, Deputy Inspector General for Special Plans and Operations, U.S. Department of Defense
|September 12, 2012 Hearing: Dawood National Military Hospital, Afghanistan: What Happened and What Went Wrong? Part II||Document|
|July 24, 2012 Hearing: Dawood National Military Hospital, Afghanistan: What Happened and What Went Wrong? Part I||Document|