VIDEO RELEASE: Issa On Project Gunrunner Subpoena
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, issued the following video explaining today's subpoena of the Department of Justices' Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) for documents related to the highly controversial "Project Gunrunner."
In the video, Chairman Issa answers the following questions:
• What are BATF's "Project Gunrunner" and "Operation Fast and Furious"?
• Why did you initiate an Oversight Committee Investigation into ATF's "Project Gunrunner"?
• Since ATF refused to provide the information you and Senator Grassley requested, what are you doing today?
• What are the terms of the subpoena you've issued to Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson?
• Did you consult with Oversight Committee Ranking Member Elijah Cummings before issuing the subpoena?
• What is Ranking Member Cummings' stance towards the investigation of "Project Gunrunner"?
• Are you still working with Senator Grassley on the investigation of "Project Gunrunner"?
• Do you expect the State Department will comply with your request for information on its involvement with "Project Gunrunner"?
• Do you have a message for the families affected by "Project Gunrunner"?