Weathering the Storm: The Role of Private Tech in the SolarWinds Breach and Ongoing Campaign
Washington D.C. (Feb. 22, 2021)—On Friday, February 26, 2021, at 9:00 a.m., Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, Chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, and Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, will hold a joint hearing examining recent cybersecurity incidents affecting government and private sector networks, including the supply chain attack targeting SolarWinds Orion Software and other cyberattacks.
The SolarWinds cyberattack, first uncovered in mid-December, 2020, by FireEye, exposed vulnerabilities in our software supply chain, compromised numerous federal and private sector networks, and caused undetermined damage to our national security.
On December 17, the Committees launched an investigation into the cyberattacks. On December 18, the Unified Coordination Group provided a classified Member briefing by telephone about the attacks.
The hearing will examine the role of the private sector in preventing, investigating, and remediating these attacks, as well as the need for Congress and the Executive Branch to implement a strategy to strengthen cybersecurity across federal government networks and improve information-sharing with the private sector.
- UC - Rep LaTurner - Kansas Congressional Delegation Letter
- UC - Rep LaTurner - KDOL Report of Unemployment Claims
- UC - Rep Ocasio-Cortez - IRS Enforcement Letter
- UC - Rep Ocasio-Cortez - Center for American Progress
- UC - Rep Ocasio-Cortez - Pro Publica Article - IRS - Facebook
- Questions for the Record - Maloney and Cooper to Mandia
- Questions for the Record from Maloney to Ramakrishna, SolarWinds
- Questions for the Record from Maloney to Smith, Microsoft
- Questions for the Record from Maloney to Thompson, SolarWinds
- QFR's from Homeland, Chairman Thompson - Rep Titus & Rep Guest to Smith
- QFR's from Homeland, Chairman Thompson - Rep Titus & Rep Guest to Thompson
- QFR's from Homeland, Chairman Thompson - Rep Titus & Rep Guest to Ramakrishna, SolarWinds
- Hearing Transcript
- QFR Responses from Brad Smith to Chairwoman Maloney and Rep Cooper
- Rep. Connolly Statement for the Record
- QFR Response from Thompson and Ramakrishna to Maloney and Cooper
- QFR Response from Mandia to Maloney and Cooper
- QFR Response from Smith to Chairman Thompson, Titus and Guest