Oversight Committee Democrats Discuss Affordable Care Act Benefits In Home States
Democrats from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are cutting through the misinformation about the Affordable Care Act and focusing on how millions of Americans are benefiting from this law.
Today, Democratic Committee Member John Tierney discusses the benefits of the Affordable Care Act’s 80/20 rule, which he authored. The rule has been saving Americans money since 2011 by requiring insurance companies to spend less than 80 percent of policy holders’ premium dollars on actual healthcare; not administrative costs, salaries, or benefits.
Watch Rep. John Tierney (D-MA) Discuss The Affordable Care Act In Massachusetts.
This week, Democratic Committee Member Peter Welch discusses the personal stories of two of his constituents who are now able to access quality, affordable health care.
Watch Rep. Peter Welch (D-VT) Discuss The Affordable Care Act In Vermont HERE:
DID YOU KNOW?
Health Reform Law Now Protecting Consumers and Curbing Growth of Healthcare Costs
January 1, 2014, marked a new day for millions of Americans who finally have the security that comes with quality, affordable health coverage now available to them under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Below are some of the key benefits of the legislation:
· Ban Against Discriminating Against People with Pre-Existing Conditions
· Requirement to Treat Men and Women Equally
· Requirement to Cover Essential Health Services
· Coverage for Young Adults
· Subsidies to Help Cover Costs
· Rebates for Policyholders
· Rate Reviews to Control Cost Increases
· Lower-Than-Projected Premiums
· Billions in Savings for the Federal Government
· Slowed Growth in Medicare and Medicaid Spending
· Slowed Growth in Health Care Spending
To learn more about the benefits of the Affordable Care Act, CLICK HERE.