- To examine the Administration’s efforts to implement the DATA Act.
- To discuss actions taken by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the U.S. Department of Treasury (Treasury) to respond to prior Government Accountability Office and Treasury Inspector General recommendations.
- The DATA Act modernizes federal spending data by requiring agencies to report detailed, program level financial data in a data standard.
- The DATA Act directs OMB and Treasury to co-lead implementation efforts.
- While OMB and Treasury have made progress in implementing the law, concerns about completeness, timeliness, and effectiveness of these efforts have been raised.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Ms. Michelle Sager||Director, Strategic Issues||U.S. Government Accountability Office||Document|
|The Honorable David Mader||Controller, Office of Federal Financial Management||The Office of Management and Budget||Document|
|Mr. David A. Lebryk||Fiscal Assistant Secretary||U.S. Department of the Treasury||Document|
|Mr. Michael Peckham||Executive Director, DATA Act Program Management Office||U.S. Department of Health and Human Services||Document|