WASHINGTON- House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., will convene a hearing next Tuesday to explore processes to reorganizing and reinventing government.
“Because of our failure to control spending and fix our broken federal government, we are mortgaging the American dream and piling mountains of debt on top of our children,” said Chairman Issa. “We need a serious, practical plan to make our federal government more efficient and more effective. The next step to formulating that plan is to hear from experts who have been involved in prior government overhauls.”
The hearing, titled Reinventing Government, will be held Tuesday June 18th at 9:00 a.m. in Rayburn 2154 House Office Building. The hearing can be viewed live on the web at https://oversight.house.gov.
The following witnesses will testify:
- The Honorable David M. Walker, Chairman, Government Transformation Initiative, Former Comptroller General of the United States
- The Honorable Stephen Goldsmith, Daniel Paul Professor of the Practice of Government, Director, Innovations in Government Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Former Mayor of Indianapolis
- Dr. Elaine C. Kamarck, Phd., Director, Management and Leadership Institute, Senior Fellow, Governance Studies, The Brookings Institution
- Mr. Dan Chenok, Executive Director, IBM Center for The Business of Government
- Mr. J. David Cox, National President, American Federation of Government Employees