- Planned Parenthood does not need federal subsidies.
- Planned Parenthood is self-sustaining.
- Reported revenue of $1.3 billion in their most recent annual report.
- Reported $127 million in net income and reported holding $1.4 billion in assets for 2013-2014.
- Salaries at Planned Parenthood are lucrative.
- President Cecile Richards was paid more than $2.47 million from 2009 to 2013, including $590,928 in 2013.
- A significant number of Planned Parenthood executives earn in excess of $200,000 annually.
- Planned Parenthood spends millions on travel, galas and real estate.
- Spends nearly $14,000 a day on travel.
- Spent $34.8 million in 2011 to purchase corporate office space two blocks from Madison Square Garden.
- Taxpayer dollars subsidize Planned Parenthood’s political affiliates.
- Planned Parenthood’s claim that only “three percent” of all health services provided are abortion services is false.
- Over the last decade, cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood are declining while abortions are increasing.
- Numerous alternatives to Planned Parenthood exist.
- To examine the use of taxpayer funding by Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. (PPFA) and its affiliates.
- PPFA supports 59 independent affiliates operating 667 health centers across the United States. For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014, Planned Parenthood reported approximately $1.3 billion in total revenue, of which $528.4 million (41 percent) is attributed to “government health services grants and reimbursements.”
- CBO estimates that Planned Parenthood receives approximately $450 million annually in federal funds, nearly all of which is from programs administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Interior Subcommittee Chairman Lummis: “How can you explain this massive disparity between the amount of revenue you collect from abortion, and the fact that you only report 3 percent of your services being abortion?”
Rep. Mulvaney: “If we took $60 million away, you could still perform every single service that you gave last year.”
Rep. Black: “So you will acknowledge that they [community health clinic] outnumber Planned Parenthood clinics?”
Ms. Richards: “I’m happy to acknowledge that.”
Witnesses and testimonies
|Ms. Cecile Richards||President||Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.||Document|
|Memo on Planned Parenthood Investgation||Document|