Fraud, Waste and Abuse under the Affordable Care Act
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse under the Affordable Care Act
- January 31, 2017
- 2:00 pm
- 2247 Rayburn HOB
- To examine challenges with implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and its impact on the health insurance market.
- Enrollment under ACA is less than half the Congressional Budget Office’s initial projection, and health care costs continue to increase.
- The Government Accountability Office and the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued numerous reports on difficulties of carrying out the law, including risk of fraud, waste and abuse.
- OIG will release reports related to health insurance marketplaces, the Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan program, and the Medicaid expansion program and activities in FY 2017.