- To discuss the Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) 2017 High Risk List and highlight the problems that remain unaddressed.
- To consider solutions that will move these programs off of the High Risk List.
- On Wednesday, GAO will release its biennial High Risk List of government operations with the greatest vulnerability to fraud, waste, and mismanagement as well as recommendations that must be implemented for removal from the list.
- Programs or functions on the list involve risks to public health or safety, service delivery, national security, economic growth, privacy, etc., that put $1 billion or more at risk.
- The list includes 34 areas of high risk to the federal government and includes three new areas: (1) the 2020 Decennial Census; (2) Improving Federal Programs that Serve Tribes and Their Members; and (3) U.S. Government’s Environmental Liabilities.
Witnesses and testimonies
|The Honorable Gene L. Dodaro||Comptroller General||U.S. Government Accountability Office||Document|