- To hear from the new leadership of the Federal Acquisition System (FAS) and Technology Transformation Service (TTS) regarding a recent FAS/TTS organizational change, federal acquisition/technology challenges and potential reform areas.
- To discuss acquisition reform language – included in HR 2810, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for FY2018 – that would authorize GSA to establish a program to leverage existing commercial e-commerce platforms/online marketplaces to achieve expedited and better prices for government customers buying commercial goods.
- In May 2016, GSA announced a new service called the Technology Transformation Service (TTS) to consolidate technology related functions and to assist agencies with technology transformation.
- In June 2017, GSA announced a reorganization of the FAS that involved moving TTS, which was previously a stand-alone service, to report to FAS.
- The Committee held a hearing examining challenges to federal IT acquisitions on March 28, 2017.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Mr. Alan Thomas||Commissioner, Federal Acquisition Service||General Services Administration||Document|
|Mr. Rob Cook||Deputy Commissioner of Technology Transformation Service||General Services Administration||Document|
|Chairman Meadows Opening Statement||Document|
|Chairman Hurd Opening Statement||Document|