- To examine the extent of damage to the region, oversee the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) recovery efforts and identify areas for improvement.
- Between August 12 and August 13, 2016, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and surrounding parishes experienced rainfalls up to 31 inches, which resulted in disastrous levels of flooding and 13 deaths.
- President Barack Obama issued a Major Disaster Declaration on August 14, 2016 for 20 parishes in South Louisiana.
- Over 128,000 households have registered for FEMA assistance.
- Impacted households may be eligible for financial assistance from FEMA ranging from temporary rental costs, repairs to homes, and costs toward replacement homes.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Mr. Tony Robinson||Regional Administrator||Federal Emergency Management Agency|
|The Honorable Jr. Shelton||Mayor||Central, Louisiana||Document|
|The Honorable Gerard Landry||Mayor||Denham Springs, Louisiana||Document|
|The Honorable Rick Ramsey||Mayor||Walker, Louisiana|
|The Honorable John Edwards||Governor||Louisiana||Document|