The Internet of Cars
- The Internet of Cars
- November 18, 2015
- 2:00 pm
- 2154 Rayburn House Office Building
• To highlight how the automotive industry is tackling important issues around cybersecurity, spectrum, and privacy as the age of the connected vehicle rapidly approaches.
• To give members of the Subcommittee an opportunity to learn about vehicle-to-vehicle communications technology and what it means for our future economy.
• Connected vehicles are cars that “access, consume, create, enrich, direct, and share digital information between businesses, people, organizations, infrastructures, and things.”
• Connected vehicle technologies have the potential to reduce traffic accidents, lower fuel consumption, and revolutionize commerce.
Associate Administrator, Vehicle Safety Research
U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Executive Director, Global Connected Customer Experience – Global Public Policy
General Motors Company
Vice President, Connected Services and Product Planning
Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Vice President of Corporate and Business Development
Tesla Motors, Inc.
President and CEO
Information Technology Industry Council
Associate Director, Administrative Law Counsel
Electronic Privacy Information Center