- To examine the first Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) report on top management and performance challenges identified by the Inspector General (IG) community.
Each year, IGs are required to identify and report on their agency’s top management and performance challenges, and assess the agency’s progress in addressing those challenges.
CIGIE has traditionally included a list of top management and performance challenges in its Annual Report to the President and Congress.
For fiscal year (FY) 2017, CIGIE provided additional analysis of the most frequently cited management and performance challenges. CIGIE identified the seven most frequently reported issues:
- Information Technology and Security Management,
- Performance Management and Accountability,
- Human Capitol Management,
- Financial Management,
- Procurement Management,
- Facilities Maintenance, and
- Grant Management
Witnesses and testimonies
|The Honorable Michael E. Horowitz||Chair, Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Inspector General||U.S. Department of Justice||Document|
|The Honorable Allison Lerner||Vice Chair, Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Inspector General||National Science Foundation||Document|
|The Honorable Glenn Fine||Principal Deputy Inspector General||U.S. Department of Defense||Document|