- To examine the policies and procedures of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as they relate to recent issues regarding fraud, waste and abuse.
- To address strategies for future reform and the new leadership’s vision of improving practices within all of the agencies in the VA.
- In the past several months, cases of fraud, waste and abuse have raised questions about the VA’s current practices and methods of reform.
- A January 2017 report found that VA’s failure to provide oversight of its recruitment, relocation, and retention (3R) incentive program led to overspending and failure to enforce program requirements.
- VA continues to award bonuses to senior employees failing to meet basic performance goals and requirements.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Mrs. Pamela Mitchell||Acting Assistant Secretary, Office of Human Resources and Administration||Department of Veterans Affairs||Document|
|Mr. Nich Dahl||Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Evaluations, Office of Inspector General||Department of Veterans Affairs||Document|
|Dr. Irene Barnett, PhD.||Director of the Bedford Office for Audits and Evaluations, Office of Inspector General||Department of Veterans Affairs||Document|