Third Plank of Bold Agenda Includes More Than 100 Ideas to Tackle Excessive Regulations, Develop American Energy, and Promote Financial Independence
WASHINGTON—Today, House Republicans unveiled a plan to grow our economy by tackling excessive regulations, developing American energy, and promoting financial independence for people who work hard and do the right thing. It is our vision for a Confident America that is the best place in the world to live, work, build things, start a business, and raise a family.
Lawmakers will talk about this plan later today at a press conference near the Capitol.
This is the third plank of A Better Way, a bold agenda to tackle some of our country’s biggest challenges. Last week, Republicans unveiled initiatives aimed at lifting people out of poverty and keeping the American people safe.
Our plan—available now at better.gop—is comprised of at least 101 ideas, including:
- Fewer and smarter regulations. Cut down on needless regulations and make the rules we do need more efficient and effective.
- More affordable and reliable energy. Connect our energy boom to consumers, responsibly produce more of our own resources, and end needless delays that hold up jobs and projects.
- More financial independence and no more bailouts. Reward people who work hard and do the right thing, and put an end to Wall Street bailouts.
- More choices for workers and students. Make it easier for people to excel in schools and workplaces, and rip up the red tape that gets in their way.
- Real Internet innovation. Establish clear and consumer-friendly rules that prevent the FCC from making up regulations as it goes along.
- A crack down on lawsuit abuse. Keep trial lawyers in check, and improve protections for consumers and small businesses.
These ideas were developed by the Task Force on Reducing Regulatory Burdens, which includes: Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway (R-TX), Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI), Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX), Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT), Oversight & Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), Science, Space, and Technology Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-TX), Small Business Committee Chairman Steve Chabot (R-OH), and Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-PA).
About A Better Way. A Better Way is a bold policy agenda to address some of the country’s biggest challenges. It takes our timeless principles—liberty, free enterprise, consent of the governed—and applies them to the problems of our time. Developed with input from around the country, it starts the debate now on what we can achieve in 2017 and beyond. It is our vision for a Confident America, at home and abroad. Now we are taking these ideas to the people, so you have a clear choice about the direction of the country. To learn more, visit better.gop.