Comer Announces Committee Organizational Meeting for 118th Congress
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) today announced the committee will hold its organizational meeting on Tuesday, January 31 at 11:00am ET. At the business meeting, the committee will consider the proposed committee rules for the 118th Congress and resolutions appointing majority and minority members to the subcommittees.
“The House Oversight and Accountability Committee’s rules provide the framework for us to hold the Biden Administration accountable and root out waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in the federal government. The committee’s rules also realign the Oversight Committee’s subcommittees to meet our mission more effectively. We look forward to adopting our rules next week and begin holding hearings that provide much needed oversight and accountability in Washington.”
Included in the rules package are new subcommittees:
- Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Government Innovation
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Energy Policy, and Regulatory Affairs
- Subcommittee on Government Operations and the Federal Workforce
- Subcommittee on Health Care and Financial Services
- Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs
The hearing will take place in 2154 Rayburn House Office Building and will be livestreamed online at https://oversight.house.gov/. Press must be congressionally credentialed and are encouraged to RSVP.