Comer: Biden Family’s Influence Peddling Threatens National Security
Releases report on interim findings and renews requests for information to Biden Administration and Biden family associates
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Reform Ranking Member James Comer (R-Ky.) today renewed several requests for information about the Biden family’s influence peddling and suspicious business transactions The Biden Administration and Biden family associates have not complied with these requests. Ranking Member Comer also released an interim report, “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation,” which explains evidence about President Biden’s involvement in his family’s business schemes.
“Evidence obtained by Committee Republicans reveals Joe Biden lied to the American people about his involvement in his family’s business schemes. The Biden family business model is built on Joe Biden’s political career and connections with Joe Biden as the ‘chairman of the board.’ Biden family members sold access for profit around the world to the detriment of American interests. If President Biden is compromised by deals with foreign adversaries and they are impacting his decision making, this is a threat to national security,” said Ranking Member Comer. “The American people deserve transparency and accountability about the Biden family’s influence peddling. With the new Republican majority, Oversight Committee Republicans will continue pressing for answers to inform legislative solutions to prevent this abuse of power.”
The interim report, “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation,” details evidence revealing how President Biden has personally participated in and benefitted from his family’s business deals; used his public positions and permitted them to be used by others to further his family’s financial interests; and is potentially susceptible to influence, blackmail, or extortion by foreign entities, including by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
Ranking Member Comer also sent six letters to top Biden Administration officials and Biden family business associates requesting documents and information about suspicious activity reports (SARs), business transactions, and financial documents:
- Letter to U.S. Department of the Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen requesting all SARs generated for the Biden family and their associates.
- Letter to Acting Archivist of the United States Debra Steidel Wall requesting information about the Biden family’s business dealings and use of Air Force Two to conduct the family’s business during the Obama-Biden Administration.
- Letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray requesting information about Hunter Biden’s CCP-linked assistant.
- Letter to Eric Schwerin, Hunter Biden’s business associate, requesting information about the Biden family’s business schemes and deals.
- Letter to Edward Prewitt, Hunter Biden’s financial advisor, requesting information about Hunter Biden’s suspicious business transactions.
- Letter to George Bergès, Hunter Biden’s gallerist, requesting information about who is purchasing Hunter’s artwork.