Raises troubling questions about whether President Biden is compromised or swayed by foreign dollars and influence
House Committee on Oversight and Reform Ranking Member James Comer (R-Ky.) and Republican lawmakers held a press conference revealing evidence of President Biden’s involvement in his family business schemes and several federal crimes that may have been committed by members of the President’s family. During his remarks, Ranking Member Comer pointed to documents, communications, and information revealing the extent of the Biden family’s influence peddling to enrich themselves to the detriment of U.S. interests. Ranking Member Comer emphasized that the evidence raises troubling questions about whether President Biden is compromised or swayed by foreign dollars and influence. He concluded by emphasizing the Oversight Committee will continue to pursue this investigation next Congress to provide the American people with answers, transparency, and accountability.
Click here to watch the full press conference.
Additionally, Ranking Member Comer and Oversight Committee Republicans released an interim report, “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation,” detailing evidence showing President Biden has personally participated in and benefitted from his family’s business deals; used his public positions and permitted them to be used by others to further his family’s financial interests; and is potentially susceptible to influence, blackmail, or extortion by foreign entities, including by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
Ranking Member Comer also sent six letters to top Biden Administration officials and Biden family business associates requesting documents and information about suspicious activity reports (SARs), business transactions, and financial documents:
- Letter to U.S. Department of the Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen requesting all SARs generated for the Biden family and their associates.
- Letter to Acting Archivist of the United States Debra Steidel Wall requesting information about the Biden family’s business dealings and use of Air Force Two to conduct the family’s business during the Obama-Biden Administration.
- Letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray requesting information about Hunter Biden’s CCP-linked assistant.
- Letter to Eric Schwerin, Hunter Biden’s business associate, requesting information about the Biden family’s business schemes and deals.
- Letter to Edward Prewitt, Hunter Biden’s financial advisor, requesting information about Hunter Biden’s suspicious business transactions.
- Letter to George Bergès, Hunter Biden’s gallerist, requesting information about who is purchasing Hunter’s artwork.